This vegan pesto is inspired by our kale, black pepper and lime popcorn. It is deliciously sweet and nutty, enriched with the super-green kale and is the perfect addition to any meal. You can rest assured with this pesto that all of the ingredients are 100% natural and nutritious, just like our popcorn!
1 200g bag of any kale variety – we opted for the Italian variety Cavolo nero
½ chopped walnuts
Freshly ground black pepper
A good drizzle of quality olive oil
1. Pop the kale into a large pan and begin to sauté until it has wilted.
2. While the kale is wilting, juice half a lime. Keep the other half to one side as you may need this later.
3. Once the kale is softened, pop all of the ingredients into a food processer and whizz until the mixture has reached your desired consistency. If you find the mixture dry, add in some extra olive oil.
4. At this point it is vital to have a taste of your pesto, and add in any extra seasoning or lime juice.
5. Enjoy! This pesto works well in pasta, on toast, as a salad dressing or to roast veggies in- you could even use it as a dip and top with our kale, black pepper and lime popcorn for extra crunch! Simply kale-ing it.
6. To store, we pour our pesto onto cling film, twist the ends tightly and pop in the freezer. When needed simply take out of the freezer, cut off your desired quantity and heat in a pan or microwave.
Check out how we used Nina's Kale, Black Pepper and Lime Pesto here.