Here at Nina’s we believe you should be able to enjoy the foods you love, without having to compromise your wellbeing. Our popcorn does exactly that. Combining a classic moorish snack with antioxidant and nutrient-rich superfoods, such as coconut oil, goji berries and maca.
As big fans of the sweet stuff, we wanted to share with you one of our favourite recipes. Delicious Vegan Popcorn Brownies, made with our Sweet Coconut, Himalayan Pink Salt and Maca Popcorn (although feel free to experiment by using any of our naturally nutritious flavours).
Made with 100% natural ingredients, and without compromising on taste, this recipe was created through extensive experimentation in the kitchen (and consuming plenty of the individual ingredients in the process!). Nina’s Popcorn Brownies have become a recent office staple, and warning; its gluten, dairy and wheat-free qualities make it extremely hard to stop after eating just one. Paired with a delicious matcha latte, we find these brownies to be the perfect autumnal treat!
The recipe is as follows:
4 tablespoons of raw cacao powder
2 1/2 cups of pitted medjool dates
1 cup of walnuts
2 tablespoons of coconut oil
1 bag of your favourite Nina’s Popcorn (we opted for Sweet Coconut, Himalayan Pink Salt and Maca)
Desiccated coconut to scatter over the top (Optional)
1. Add the raw Cacao powder, pitted medjool dates, walnuts, and coconut oil into a food blender.
2. Blitz for a few minutes, until the ingredients form a large sticky cluster of goodness.
3. Place the sticky mixture into a tray and scatter over some pieces of popcorn.
4. Smooth over your brownie mixture and sprinkle over a few more popcorn pieces. We opted for our Sweet Coconut, Himalayan Pink Salt and Maca Popcorn, which gave the brownies a nice crunch and added a smoky-maple undertone to each bite.
5. Finally, if you are a real coconut lover, sprinkle over a teaspoon (or more!) of some fine desiccated coconut for some added texture.
6. Place your tray into the freezer to chill for at least two hours, however you can leave them in for longer if needed.
7. Remove, slice up and devour these guilt-free popcorn brownies! :)