Popping Christmas-Coco Nice-cream
We’ve created a delicious nice-cream recipe, with a delicate balance of Christmassy spices and a deep cacao flavor. Add some of our cacao popcorn and there you have it; a nutrient-rich and dairy-free way to enjoy a festive dessert, with a popcorn twist.
1 tin coconut cream (400g)
2 frozen banana
1/2 cup dried dates
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk/coconut milk
1-2 tbsp maple syrup
2-4 tbsp cacao powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp cardamon
1 tsp ginger
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 packet of our cacao, goji berries and pistachio popcorn
1. Peel the bananas, cut them in half and wrap each piece in cling film. Put the banana’s and tin of coconut cream in the freezer overnight.
2. The next day, put the banana pieces, coconut cream and almond/coconut milk in a food processor and blend them together until smooth.
3. Add the dates, spices and vanilla essence to the food processor and blend until well combined.
4. Put the nice-cream into a container and fold the popcorn in. Pop this in the freezer for at least 60 minutes to firm up.
5. Eat your nice-cream straight from the freezer or scoop into a bowl and add some delicious toppings. We added more popcorn of course!