“Popcorn is in the air…”
As Valentine’s Day is fast approaching, we’ve whipped up a delicious and popcorn-filled chocolate mousse to surprise your loved one. Each of the ingredients used are individually nutritious, ensuring that you can enjoy a romantic (and guilt-free) evening!
1 large ripe Avocado
¼ cup raw Cacao powder
¼ cup almond milk (you could also use coconut milk)
Preferred sweetener to taste (maple syrup, honey, date nectar, agave syrup)
One bag of Nina’s Popcorn (we opted for sweet coconut, Himalayan pink salt and maca)
Desired toppings (chopped nuts, frozen or dried fruits, coconut curls)
1. Scoop out the avocado flesh and blend until smooth.
2. In a separate bowl, mix together the cacao powder and almond milk.
3. Pour in the cacao and almond milk mixture into your avocado and slowly combine until it reaches a smooth and creamy texture.
4. At this point, add in two tbsp. of your desired sweetener, we used maple syrup. It is important to mix well and taste the mousse, as you may need to add extra sweetener accordingly.
5. Pop in the fridge to chill while you prepare your toppings.
6. Crush or chop a few pieces of popcorn, these can be used to swirl into your chocolate mousse or act as a topping.
7. Once your toppings are prepared, take the chocolate mousse out of the fridge and pour into two fancy glasses. (Bowls work just as well here!)
8. Top with your crushed popcorn and a few full-sized pieces of popcorn, adding extra crunch to the chocolate mousse. Continue to pile on the toppings! We threw on a few coconut curls, but feel free to experiment with whatever takes your fancy.
9. Present to your partner and enjoy! Or simply devour both yourself…