We’ve been experimenting in the kitchen this month to bring you some exciting and popcorn-filled recipes. Literally. Queue our spicy sriracha stuffed pepper, filled with a delicious mix of our spicy sriracha and spirulina popcorn and hearty quinoa. This recipe is super versatile and makes for a delicious lunch or dinner!
1 bell pepper – we opted for red
1 cup cooked quinoa
1/4 cup chopped onions
1 tsp crushed garlic
1 packet of Nina’s spicy sriracha and spirulina popcorn
Salt and pepper
1tsp melted coconut oil
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
2. Sauté the onions and garlic until soft.
3. Blitz the popcorn is a food processor into smaller pieces.
4. Combine everything in a mixing bowl, add salt and pepper for taste.
5. Cut the bell pepper in half and drizzle with melted coconut oil. Season lightly.
6. Fill the bell pepper with the quinoa and popcorn mixture.
7. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes. We topped ours with some crumbled feta, rocket and sriracha for a fiery kick. You could also top with cashew or vegan cheese, nuts or even a poached egg!
Note: If preferred you can keep your pepper whole by removing the stalk, filling with the quinoa and popcorn mixture, popping the stalk back on and baking whole.
Check out how we served up this delicious recipe here.